- Marvel at the size of the Mosque of Hassan II, which dominates the Casablanca skyline – this massive edifice is the largest in Africa and second only in the world to the great mosque at Mecca
- Uncover one of the most remote parts of the Roman Empire, and the most impressive Roman ruins in Morocco, at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Volubilis
- Explore Morocco’s first imperial city, Meknes, and discover the charming streets of the old medina that lead to the lovely Bou Inania Medresse (religious school)
- Dive into Fes’ medina and be surrounded by the spiritual and cultural heart of Morocco, in arguably the world's most fascinating and confounding old city
Welcome to Morocco! On arrival at Casablanca Airport, you will be met by a Peregrine representative and transferred to your hotel. While this is an arrival day and you may arrive at any time, please note that hotel rooms are generally only available after midday, and that there will a Welcome Meeting with your leader tonight. If you arrive with time to spare, then a great option for your limited time in Casablanca is to visit the art deco Villa des Arts. This gorgeous gallery dates back to 1930s and holds numerous exhibitions of contemporary Moroccan and international art. If you are looking for a different type of cultural experience, then you can discover a unique and fascinating part of Moroccan history at the Museum of Judaism.
Notes: Please be aware that some of our travellers in Casablanca are being approached by locals offering excursions before their Peregrine trip commences. This has been particularly prevalent in and around the hotels used by Peregrine. These guides are in no way connected to Peregrine and we cannot guarantee the safety or quality standards of their tours. We strongly advise customers not to join any tour offered by unauthorised guides. Peregrine assesses the safety of all optional excursions offered by our tour leaders. If you would like more information on the excursions available, please contact us before you travel or see the Peregrine branded notice in the reception of your hotel.
- Hotel Kenzi Basma or similar (1 night)
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Villa des Arts - art gallery & museum - Free
- Jewish Museum - MAD40
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Casablanca - Guided Tour of Hassan II Mosque
- Chellah - entrance
- Kasbah Les Oudayas Rabat
- Entrance and guided tour Volubilis
- Guided walking tour - Meknes
- Heri Souani - Entrance
- Guided walking tour Fes
- Fondouk Nejjarine
- Mederassa attarine - Fes
- Guided half day trek at M'goun Valley
- Tea making demonstartion with Berber family
- Kasbah Skoura
- Marrakech - Guided walking tour
- Koutoubia Mosque and minaret
- Marrakech - Palais Bahia
- Photography Museum
This trip can be enjoyed by just about anyone with a reasonable level of fitness.
COMPLIMENTARY ARRIVAL TRANSFER
Complimentary arrival transfer is included on this trip, but please note it has to be pre booked at least 2 weeks prior to your departure. Please advise your exact arrival details; flight number, date and time. We will be unable to provide complimentary transfer without these details.
A Single Supplement to have your own room is available on this trip with no exceptions.
The receipt of commissions or kickbacks in exchange for recommending particular shops, services or activities is ingrained in the culture of the Moroccan tourism industry. In an effort to best control and monitor shopping and activities with an aim for the best experience possible, Intrepid has established a system of carefully selected shopping experiences and activities based on positive feedbacks from our previous travellers. On occasion these will be as part of included walking tours or outside of included activities in free time. Please note that if you feel that you do not wish to join in on these shopping experiences we assure you there is no obligation and if you indicate your desire to not partake your group leader will help to facilitate a suitable alternative during this time.
Peregrine have set up a centralised system of receiving payments from these recommended suppliers, of which are then distributed towards local Responsible Travel projects (such as 'say no to plastic' cotton bags for our travellers and drinking water refilling stations), traveller information packs, and leader bonuses. Further details of these arrangements can be provided by your group leader on request.
While Peregrine endeavors to ensure that these suppliers and services maintain reasonable levels of quality, please note recommended suppliers are chosen based on past travellers feedback and experiences and Peregrine cannot explicitly guarantee the quality of the product. A priority in establishing this fund is that the experience of you our traveller is not compromised in any way. Please let us know via the feedback after your trip if we are successfully meeting this objective.